Many injured workers think that their only remedy is to collect whatever workers’ compensation benefits they can. However, this isn’t always your only recourse, and you may be able to file a claim in court to pursue compensation.
We know the details and dangers of refinery and chemical plant work. We have been lead counsel in most of the major refinery accidents that have occurred in the state of Texas for nearly two decades. Our firm has handled cases against every major refinery in the United States.
The Texas plant accident attorneys of Buzbee Law Firm have helped hundreds of workers injured in industrial plant accidents to recover substantial financial compensation and we may be able to help you.
Past Texas Plant Accident Lawsuits Handled by Our Firm
The Buzbee Law Firm has represented various claims in plant accident cases and our attorneys produce exceptional work. The following are a few of our cases in this area of law:
- Represented more than 150 workers who were injured in the explosion at the BP Texas City Plant in 2005.
- Handled the claims of more than 150 people who were injured due to chemical releases from the BP Texas City Plant in April 2007, resulting in a record-breaking $100 million verdict.
- Handling more than 20,000 claims against BP for its release of benzene and other toxic substances in April to May 2010. Tony Buzbee was appointed as the Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel by the court overseeing the multidistrict litigation process.
Extreme plant accidents and severe injuries are not just another part of the job. When a giant corporation cares more for profits than its employees, it should be held accountable. The workplace injuries caused by a company’s failure to maintain and observe safety regulations are preventable.
Our firm’s Texas plant accident lawyers have stood up to the industry’s giants in headline-making cases. We’ve recovered billions on behalf of the injured workers and their families all across the United States. If you or a loved one have suffered because of a plant accident, you do not have to stand alone.
For a free legal consultation with a plant accidents lawyer serving Texas, call 844-349-9196
Do I Really Need to Hire a Plant Accident Lawyer?
Injury victims sometimes falsely believe that they have no other recourse than to accept either workers’ compensation or a lowball settlement offer. There are more occasions that warrant the help of a plant accident attorney than many people realize.
They may not realize that there are underlying factors that may have contributed to their accident, or that they may have grounds for a valid legal claim.
When the negligence of another party created the conditions for the accident to happen, injury victims have the right to pursue compensation for their pain and suffering as well as their medical costs and lost wages. Some other signals that indicate the need for a lawyer are:
- You can no longer do your job normally even after treatment has been completed
- Your employer self-insures or doesn’t offer workers’ compensation
- They are finding loopholes to try and deny your benefits
- Your medical expenses and losses are not adequately compensated
- A third party, such as a vendor, contractor, or coworker caused your accident
- They deny the claim based on preexisting conditions
- Someone is pressuring you to return to work earlier than is medically necessary
- They are falsely claiming the injury didn’t happen at work
- You were fired from your job after seeking workers’ comp
- Your claim is being denied outright by the insurance company or by workers comp
- Gross negligence or obvious safety violations created the conditions for the accident
Ensuring that the injury victims and their families are justly compensated is our priority. The injuries that people often face in a plant accident can be catastrophic. These workplace injuries are painful, sometimes debilitating, and the victims can experience lifelong consequences.
Enlisting the help of a lawyer with experience in refinery and chemical plant accident experience can help to ensure that you get the total amount of compensation you need to rebuild your life.
Texas Plant Accident Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
What Kinds of Cases Do Plant Accident Lawyers Work With?
Our plant accident lawyers in Texas help people who have been harmed in the course of their work at an industrial plant or facility. The specifics vary from case to case, but some examples of plant accident cases a lawyer would handle in Texas include:
- Chemical plant explosions, spills, or fires
- Refinery fires and accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure cases
- Plant and refinery turnaround accident cases
- Accidents at oil refineries, petrochemical plants, oil drilling
- Unsafe policies, workplace hazardous violations
- Defective machinery accidents
You may not know the cause of the incident at your plant, but an attorney can conduct a complete evaluation to determine and locate the liable parties involved. Plant accident lawyers will have specialized knowledge in this area, consulting with experts in the industry as necessary.
When serious accidents happen at work, the lawyers and insurers for the employer are deployed immediately to mitigate the damage and reduce liability. Your interests are not the same as those of the company. You can best protect yourself and your right to claim by securing your own legal counsel now.
Contact a Texas Lawyer for Help After a Plant Accident
Dangerous conditions within industrial plants can lead to mishaps with tragic consequences. Toxic chemicals, heavy equipment, and insufficient safety programs contribute to an atmosphere conducive to accidents. People can suffer extreme workplace injuries, and workerss’ comp may not cover all your lost wages and expenses.
The Texas plant accident lawyers of Buzbee Law Firm can be powerful advocates, providing you with guidance and legal representation in such cases. We will protect your rights, and fight aggressively for your fair and just compensation. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.