Did you have damage as a result of the Freeze event?

Our firm is getting many calls from those with broken pipes and resulting water damage to their homes.   Our recommendations on what to do in these situations:

  • Document all losses with photographs and video. More documentation, the better.
  • Mitigate the losses as best you can.  Water intrusion that is not immediately dealt with can cause mold and other long-term issues.
  • Contact a plumber now to set up a time for them to come to your home. Most plumbing companies are already very backed up.  The sooner you contact them, the sooner you can have an appointment.
  • If you are able, contact a remediation service and schedule a time for them to come to your home to assess the damage and give you a quote.
  • Contact your insurance agent immediately to get their assistance with making a claim with your homeowners insurance.
  • Ask your agent to tell you everything you can claim under your policy (for example, aside from repair costs, your policy may cover some amount for temporary alternative living arrangements).
  • Make the claim with your insurer.
  • Arrange Your Free Consultation Today

If the insurance company denies the claim or refuses to pay all that is required under the policy, contact the Buzbee Law Firm at 844-349-9196 or send us an email to arrange your free consultation. Calls are answered 24/7. If you retain our firm, you will pay no fee or expense unless we make a recovery for you.

[nf_tp_form form_id=”1″ redirect_id=”46030″]