When you have business or commercial disputes, you need all the expertise and legal help that experienced Texas commercial litigation lawyers can provide. This is because business lawsuits can consume a lot of time, energy, and money. And unless you have a lot of time or the infinite resources for a prolonged case, you want the issues resolved quickly.
At the Buzbee Law Firm, we understand that your business is one of the most important things in your life and should be protected. So, whether you’re dealing with a contract breach, business appeals, fighting a hostile takeover, or any other type of business dispute in Texas, our experienced trial attorneys will fight for you.
Our business litigation lawyers have significant big firm commercial litigation experience and extensive trial experience. Tony Buzbee started his career at one of the best litigation boutiques in the country and has proven his expertise many times. If you are interested in putting that experience to work for you, we can help.
What Kind of Issues Are Covered in a Commercial Litigation Case?
The term “commercial litigation” can be somewhat confusing for business owners who are dealing with it for the first time. In simple words, it is a legal term for business issues or disputes that might require legal representation or help.
In Texas and much of the U.S., the average business litigation case is centered around the parties or entities involved in the disputes. Even if your case seems straightforward, it is important to have a Texas commercial litigation attorney look over your case.
This is important because every minor business dispute can easily balloon into a complex lawsuit. An experienced business dispute attorney will comb through the case to find potential landmines so that you can protect yourself. However, because there are so many issues a business can have, business owners may not know when it’s important to talk to a lawyer.
So, here’s a list of potential issues that can lead to a lawsuit:
- Contract or business agreement breach
- Dissolving a business relationship
- Business partnership and joint venture agreements
- Setting up and breaking financial agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Fraud detection and litigation
- Intellectual property issues
- Real estate property problems and disputes
- Employment and staff issues
- Fiduciary duty breach
- Construction sites and workers’ issues
The reality is that while some or all of these matters can be amicably resolved, many of them end up in court, despite the organization’s best efforts. This is why it’s important to have a business litigation attorney who can successfully handle all disputes in and out of the courtroom.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Texas, call 844-349-9196
Not All Commercial Litigation Cases Need to Be Resolved in Court
Contrary to what many people think, commercial litigation cases can be amicably settled out of court, even with the presence of a lawyer. If anything, the presence of a lawyer does encourage out-of-court settlements and helps fast-track the resolution process.
This helps to save the company and the other parties involved in the dispute a lot of time, energy, resources, and money. When you hire a commercial litigation attorney in Texas, they’ll reach out to the other party and initiate a process that will help bring all disputing parties to the table and help everyone reach an amicable agreement.
They resolve business disputes through the use of negotiations, mediation, making a fair offer, and other conflict resolution tactics. However, if the case devolves into a court case, the lawyer will be there to help fight for and defend your case.
Texas Commercial Litigation Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
Our History of Commercial Litigation Success
Some of the previous commercial litigation cases we’ve handled at our firm include:
- Representing singer Jimmy Buffett in a trademark dispute in Galveston federal court. The matter concluded with the offending party being taken to jail and later agreeing to never sell an infringing product again.
- Representing holders of commercial notes in action against them and their broker
- Representing former clients in cases against their former lawyers, resulting in multiple settlements
- Representing famed horse brokers in claims made against them by Jim “Mattress Mac” MacInvale
- Defending and trying to verdict claim brought against client Texas Instruments. We obtained a $0 verdict on behalf of Texas Instruments.
- Representing Galveston real estate developers against the Army Corps of Engineers
- Representing the Port of Galveston in a commercial claim
Our Texas Commercial Litigation Law Firm Can Help
Our business dispute lawyers have represented numerous Fortune 500 companies in commercial litigation matters. The Buzbee Law Firm has been involved in hundreds of commercial disputes.
Our team has a wealth of experience in commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, conversion and interference with contract. To discuss your case with one of our experienced commercial litigation lawyers in Texas, please contact us online or call our toll-free line today and get a free consultation.