After UST, Mauricio gained practical experience at a small law office and afterwards gained more experience at a prominent Plaintiff's law firm in Houston. At that prominent firm Mauricio developed a strong interest for legal technology and legal analytics. Afterwards, Mauricio pursued that interest by studying law at a law school that is part of a science and technology university.
At the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law Mauricio studied in an environment that recognized a need for a partnership between science, technology and legal education in order to prepare lawyers like Mauricio for the challenges of the future. At Chicago-Kent Mauricio blended his passion for legal technology and trial advocacy and was one of a handful of students invited to join Chicago-Kent's nationally recognized trial advocacy team.
Outside of work Mauricio enjoys spending time with his family and visiting Italy.
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of the Chief Counsel, Chicago, Legal Extern
- State Bar of Texas Computer & Technology Section
- International Legal Technology Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas