Winning Is The Only Option.
Bret Griffin, a former State District Judge for 212th District Court and State prosecutor, is commonly commended for an analytical, reasoned and tempered view from the bench. Bret was born and raised on the Texas Gulf Coast, where his grandfather built ships at Todd's Shipyard; and, his father practiced medicine for over 40 years. Bret attended college at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas, and Law School at the University of Tulsa School of Law. He has practiced law since 1997, now focused on plaintiff personal injury litigation.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 1997
- University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Galveston County District Attorney's Office, Chief Prosecutor, 2000 to 2006
- State District Judge for 212th District Court and State prosecutor
Fraternities or Sororities
- Kappa Sigma
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2007 to 2009
- Oklahoma, 1997
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2006
- State of Texas v. Jerry P., 284742, 2009, County Court 3
- State of Texas v. Heather C., 1580276, 2009, County Court 5
- Juan Z. v. Olga A (Divorce), 2009
- Raymond S. v. Darrell G. (Defamation), 2009
- State of Texas v. Kevin G.
- State of Texas v. Ian E.