Previous Cases For The Buzbee Law Firm
We believe in winning. We believe in our clients. We believe in and respect our justice system. We believe in juries. We are proud of the wide range of cases in which we have been involved. The Buzbee Law Firm is routinely involved in high stakes litigation. We like contingency fee arrangements because such an arrangement incentivizes us by allowing our firm to participate in the success we obtain. In those rare cases when we work at an hourly rate, we charge more than the run-of-the-mill firm. We believe we are worth it and our experience demonstrates that our clients believe it, too.
The Buzbee Law Firm is routinely called upon to serve in leadership positions in high profile litigation. We relish these opportunities because we believe that our clients benefit from it. We welcome opportunities to partner with ethical lawyers with good cases who need our expertise, resources and capital to bring high dollar litigation to fruition.
For potential new cases, contact us via email or call the office toll-free at 844-349-9196.
Some Examples Of Our Work
- Workplace Negligence or Safety: Obtained $159 million verdict after defendants’ negligence led to an explosion at a Valero facility, causing the death of one worker and profound injuries for five other workers.
- Admiralty: $41 million verdict against a vessel operator for the estate of a Seaman who died.
- White Collar Crimes Defense: Tony Buzbee was hired by Texas Governor Rick Perry to defend against Abuse of Power charges. After appearing before two appeals courts, all charges were dismissed, completely vindicating and exonerating Governor Perry.
- Contract: Obtained a $55 million Verdict for a Mexican grocery store owner in a case over breaches of fiduciary duty owed to the owner.
- Contract: Obtained a $29 million Verdict for a Houston area chain retailer in a Breach of Contract case.
- Workplace Negligence or Safety: Obtained a $29 million verdict for the family of a man who was killed by an industrial accident at a Houston area oilfield services company.
- The Buzbee Law Firm was instrumental in putting together a $70 million claims fund as a result of the Reno Air crash and resulting litigation.
- The Buzbee Law Firm was an integral part of a team of attorneys who collected a significant settlement exceeding $30 million from JP Morgan Chase in a breach of fiduciary duty case brought on behalf of lease-holders.
- The firm has obtained multiple verdicts and settlements for injured dredge workers against companies such as Weeks Marine, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock, T.W. LaQuay, King Fisher Marine, Orion and Mike Hooks.
- The firm has obtained numerous verdicts and settlements for injured offshore workers against companies such as Rowan, Transocean, Hercules, Parker Drilling, Diamond Offshore and Nabors.
- Trademark Infringement: Represented famed singer Jimmy Buffett, obtaining a judgment whereby the alleged infringer was briefly jailed by the court and may not ever sell a Buffett-related item again.
- Breach of Contract and Fraud Defense: Successfully represented famed horse trainer Bob Baffert and others in defending a multimillion-dollar case.
- Obtained more than $200 million in substantial settlements in cases brought by individuals and by a class of structure owners against Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA). The Buzbee Law Firm served as co-class counsel.
- Negligence/Personal Injury: In addition to a very significant payment, through the firm’s work, Texas utility company CenterPoint Energy agreed to change its safety policies and inspect and retrofit more than 280,000 poles. The family also received an apology from the company president.
- Represented a broker who was owed payment on notes of more than $100 million. The case settled within a few days of the firm being hired and participating in a court hearing for a confidential amount.
- Represented a well-known hospitality chain in an effort to prevent foreclosure and delay payment on more than $300 million in debt obligations that creditors claimed were immediately due and payable. Due to the firm’s work, the client was able to delay payment and ultimately renegotiate the debt on favorable terms.
- Breach of Contract, Plaintiff: Obtained significant settlement for the Port of Galveston in excess of $9 million.
- Government Regulation: Represented highly regarded developer Blackard Group pertaining to a multimillion-dollar development on Galveston’s West End. Despite only having been retained for a week, The Buzbee Law Firm attended a hearing and convinced the court to dissolve an injunction that had held up development for more than two years.
- Environmental Litigation: Represented Spain’s Basque Government in a case seeking remedy for the largest oil spill in Spain’s history; the eventual settlement exceeded $70 million.
- Products Liability: After a worker was burned by dry cleaning chemicals, the firm filed suit against the dry cleaning machine manufacturer. Shortly after the suit was filed, the manufacturer agreed to settle by paying our client a significant sum and performing a nationwide retrofit of their dry cleaning machines.
- Offshore Death: Forced an offshore company to install guards on all hose reels with a confidential settlement. Also forced a major offshore drilling contractor to immediately remediate all of its oceangoing vessels to remove asbestos with a class-wide settlement.
- Offshore Collision: Represented two workers injured in a vessel collision in the Houston Ship Channel. Both plaintiffs claimed back injuries, although neither was operated upon. A settlement was reached after the firm tried and won the Defendant’s Limitation Action.
- Represented a child who was allegedly sexually assaulted in a hospital. The case was brought against the insurer who chose the facility. The case settled confidentially; in addition to payment, the facility changed its policies and procedures to prevent such an event from happening again.
- Wrongful Death: Represented the stepdaughter of infamous murderer Clara Harris; obtained a significant settlement.
- Antitrust/Class Actions: Represented more than 10,000 offshore drilling workers in a case alleging wage fixing, resulting in a substantial class wide-settlement in which each eligible workers received compensation. The case settled for $75 million. Expenses were $540,000. The fees awarded by the court were $18 million.
- Plant Explosions: Represented more than 160 workers injured in the largest industrial accident in U.S. history, obtaining extremely favorable settlements and serving on the plaintiff’s steering committee.
- Toxic Torts: Tried the first FEMA toxic trailer test case in New Orleans Federal Court. Served on the court-appointed Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee. The case has now settled.
- Toxic Torts: Appointed Liaison Counsel by the court for MDL of more than 20,000 Benzene exposure cases filed against BP.
Note: These verdicts and settlements are intended to be representative of cases handled by Tony Buzbee and The Buzbee Law Firm. As the facts and law on each case differ, these listings are not a guarantee or prediction of the outcome of any other claims.