Texas is a larger-than-life state but, unfortunately, has a large amount of car accidents to match. Being ranked as one of the top places for dangerous driving means that our Lubbock car accident lawyers see a lot of cases, but our winning record shows our dedication to justice.
If you or a loved one has been injured or suffered loss from the unfortunate event of a car wreck in Lubbock, our personal injury attorneys are here to help. We handle each claim with the compassion and attention you deserve and offer a free consultation to explore your legal options.
Immediately After Your Car Accident
Follow these instructions to the best of your ability to defend yourself after being involved in a car accident:
- Call 911 to have law enforcement dispatched to your location
- If you aren’t severely injured or in a dangerous position, photograph the damage and possible injuries of all vehicles and occupants.
- All parties should exchange insurance and contact information
- Gather the contact information of bystanders, if possible
- Get medical attention as quickly as possible to have your injuries addressed and recorded
- When the insurance company reaches out to you, do not permit them to record your statement.
- Seek legal advice to prevent telling details that refute your claim
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 844-349-9196
Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney to Handle My Claim?
The significance of legal representation is often overlooked until negotiations with the insurance company are far less than what is needed to cover medical costs. The insurance company is never responsible for acting in your best interest. Their sole purpose is to save as much money as possible by paying way below what your settlement is worth.
Having a Lubbock vehicle accident lawyer is a key component in winning a favorable settlement. We are not asserting that you lack authority to protect your rights and handle your dispute personally, however, it isn’t always prudent to fight insurance companies when damages are extensive.
Hiring a lawyer may be best if:
- The accident involved a hit and run
- The other drivers refused to share insurance or contact information
- One or more people died as a result of the accident
- You are financially unable to repair the vehicle or get medical care.
Lubbock Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
Can I Collect Damages for a Car Accident if I Am At Fault?
You may be entitled to compensation even while at-fault under Texas’s proportionate responsibility regulation. Our attorneys can examine your extent of liability and still negotiate for you to receive partial compensation to cover expenses like medical bills and property damage.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas
As a personal injury law firm in Lubbock, we have represented many car accident victims over the years. The most common causes that have become rising trends are:
Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is illegal in Texas but it has become a significant issue for some cities more than others. Texting diverts your focus from the road for approximately 20 seconds, enough time to veer into someone else’s lane or the back of another driver.
Speed limits are designed for your protection. Speeding decreases your ability to react quickly to unexpected obstacles in your path and increases the likelihood that you will lose control of your car.
Driving Under the Influence
Drug and alcohol use has contributed to numerous fatal car accidents in Texas. You will harm both your life and the lives of others if you ingest anything that impairs your physical or mental capacity to drive a car on your own.
Wildlife in Traffic
The risk of wildlife-related accidents increases at night since it is harder to discern when a deer may suddenly emerge from the trees. Since the natural reaction of a person is to veer away from the animal, accidents can either occur from impact with the animal or another object.
Popular junctions are the scene of numerous fatal auto accidents. Drivers frequently pull out in front of other vehicles that are not visible to them or encounter situations where it is unclear who has the right of way.
Lack of Visibility or Signage
Accidents can occasionally be the result of bad lighting or signals. Maybe there is a yield sign when there ought to be a stop sign. Whatever the source, situations like this lead to confusion and vehicle accidents.
Dangerous Road Conditions
A large pothole can frequently be struck at just the correct speed to make a motorist lose control of the car. Other hazardous road conditions can be the result of inclement weather like black ice or hail. Adjusting your speed to fit the condition of the road can help you to avoid a crash.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Average Settlement Amount for a Car Accident in Lubbock?
The amount of the settlement depends on the specifics of your case and several other criteria. This is why it’s crucial to keep track of all the details and evidence related to your auto accident. Some of the elements that will impact your settlement’s payment amount are listed below:
- The price of any medical care necessary because of injuries
- The price of ongoing medical care following your automobile accident
- The effects of the vehicle accident in terms of disabilities or impairments
- Employment loss or missed job as a result of your injury
- Any suffering that you experienced due to your car wreck
Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyer in Lubbock
Contact us if you are looking for exceptional legal representation in Lubbock, TX. The car accident attorneys of Buzbee Law Firm are equipped to:
- Collect and preserve evidence that demonstrates liability
- Locate potential accountable parties if the incident was a hit and run
- Maintain records of your out-of-pocket costs for medical bills and other expenses
- Discuss your diagnosis and treatment plan with medical professionals
- Recoup lost wages
- Prepare you for and represent you in court, or at hearings, or in depositions
- Talk to bill collectors to lower your medical bills
While there is no pressure to hire us as your lawyer, we encourage the opportunity to discuss the value of your claim and answer any questions you may have regarding your auto accident case.