Experiencing a car crash with an impaired driver is traumatic and outright life-altering. No matter the precautions that you take behind the wheel, there is always the risk that another driver’s negligence can impact your life forever.
Do you need legal advice after a car wreck? The Buzbee Law Firm is here to assist if you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident brought on by a drunk or drugged motorist.
Your painful recovery and financial hardships may qualify you for a settlement. Our Corpus Christi drunk driving car accident attorneys can examine your case and pursue legal action to compensate for your losses. It all starts with a free consultation.
After an Accident With a Drunk Driver
It isn’t always common knowledge to know what to do immediately after getting into an accident with a drunk driver. While you might be injured and disoriented, it’s important to remember these brief steps at the very least to ensure everyone’s safety and how to strengthen your claim.
It is crucial that you call the police and request that they arrive at the scene of the collision if you believe the other driver may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The drunk driver will be subject to an investigation and, if required, an arrest by law enforcement personnel.
A police record stating that a driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was above the legal limit could be crucial to your personal injury claim as proof that the other party who caused the accident was intoxicated.
Your own safety should come first in the moments following the collision, then the safety of anyone else in your car or any other parties involved. Refrain from moving anyone who you suspect has severe injuries and instead hold still until paramedics come.
Even if you think your injuries are minor, you should still go to the doctor. It’s possible for injuries to take time to manifest; you might not immediately be aware of their severity. Also, rapid medical attention is critical in establishing a strong defense for your settlement.
Strengthen Your Personal Injury Claim
While on the scene, capture photographic evidence of the important conditions like individual injuries, property damage, traffic signs, and the condition of the driver. If there are bystanders who witnessed the collision, collect their contact information as well.
Consider getting a drunk driving car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi to preserve your evidence during the investigative phase. They will connect you with top-rated medical facilities to begin treatment while they handle your case.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving car accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 844-349-9196
How Much Is a DUI Accident Case Worth in Texas?
Your Corpus Christi drunk driving car accident attorney will collaborate with your medical professionals to demonstrate how your physical and emotional impairments impacted you. Your case value is determined by the following:
- Current and upcoming medical costs
- Hospital, physician, and other medical service invoices
- Medications on prescription
- The price of physical therapy or rehabilitation
- The price of making your property handicap accessible
- Required medical supplies
- Lost earnings, lost potential for future earnings, and missed business possibilities
- Rental and replacement vehicles for vehicles
- Distress and suffering
- Mental suffering
- Depression, PTSD, and other mental illnesses
- The inability to enjoy life
- Emotional angst
- Scarring and deformity
- Loss of consortium
- Physical disability
- Punitive damages where there is flagrant negligence
- Wrongful death and survival damages in situations involving fatal injuries
In Texas, there is no set formula or guideline for determining pain and suffering damages. If a case proceeds to trial, the jury will be given the task of figuring out how much money would fairly recompense you for your suffering.
Corpus Christi Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
If a Drunk Driver Hits You, Can You Sue?
You are entitled to compensation from the intoxicated driver who hit you and harmed you, even while they will likely face criminal charges. But not every civil case is cut and dry when proving liability. Additional parties who might be held accountable include:
- The driver of the car
- The producers of automotive products
- The employer of the driver
- The company that provided services to the driver
You must demonstrate that you were owed a duty of care, that duty was not upheld, and you were hurt as a result in order to prevail in court. Our attorneys can assist with proving liability and breaching of motor vehicle safety.
Do I Need a Lawyer When Injured by a Drunk Driver?
Any person who files a personal injury claim has the option of representing themselves. However, our clients receive top-notch care since we collaborate with highly skilled medical staff and facilities. As a result, our clients primarily gain:
- Financial benefits: Our office runs on a contingency fee basis, so if we don’t obtain a favorable outcome for your case, you owe us nothing for legal representation.
- Personal investigator: We gather the evidence you’ll need to prove your accident case quickly and comprehensively.
- Full-service legal support: Our team collaborates within our network of professionals in areas including life care planning, mechanical engineering, and accident reconstruction.
- Mechanical assistance: This includes helping you get your automobile fixed or replaced by dealing with all insurance providers on your behalf.
- Qualified negotiator: Your lawyer will battle with the insurance company to get the best compensation possible for your injury claim.
- Thorough communication: We keep you informed about your case from beginning to end.
You don’t need a drunk driving car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi if you were involved in a wreck with a drunk driver. But statistically speaking, victims who obtain legal counsel are more likely to get a fair settlement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When Is the Right Time to Hire an Injury Lawyer?
The best time to hire a lawyer is before speaking with the insurance companies. Contact us for devoted and persistent legal counsel. We uphold the highest level of care to people like you who are injured in auto accidents. You deserve a just settlement.
The Corpus Christi drunk driving car accident attorneys at the Buzbee Law Firm can get you the compensation you are due. Schedule a free consultation with us today and begin the process of full recovery with a legal team that cares about your health and financial wealth.