Have you been injured or experienced the loss of a loved one due to a distracted or impaired driver? Do you know how to negotiate a bigger personal injury settlement, or are you looking for a good lawyer to represent you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, let us help.
The car accident lawyers of Buzbee Law firm in Corpus Christi have a solid reputation for winning cases against unfair insurance companies after an auto wreck. We fight for victims who have endured loss and can evaluate your case for free if you need legal help. Learn more about settlements, legal defenses, and if a lawyer is right for you.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
After your car accident, call 911 and request that the police arrive at the scene to file an accident report. If you are physically able, take images of the vehicle’s damage and the injuries of all the individuals involved.
Obtain as much information as you can, including the police officer’s name and badge number, statements from witnesses, and the contact information of the vehicles involved. If you need immediate medical assistance, request an ambulance. Otherwise, visit the doctor immediately.
It is ideal to contact a qualified accident lawyer to discuss your accident before speaking with the insurance company. Even if you don’t hire a firm for representation, getting expert advice will prevent you from being scammed by the lowball settlement initially offered by insurance.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 844-349-9196
Should You Defend Yourself or Get a Lawyer for Your Car Accident Claim?
When involved in a serious accident, don’t underestimate the value of legal protection. You should never rely on the insurance company, law enforcement, or other drivers involved to protect your needs as they are the opposing side set to protect their interests.
Hiring an auto accident attorney in Corpus Christi is essential because as you recover, protection is everything. We don’t wish to imply that you aren’t capable of handling your accident case but it is always a good idea to have a team behind you that are experts in their field.
Consider representation when:
- There were multiple parties involved
- Wrongful death occurred
- There are inconsistencies in the police report
- The other party did not exchange insurance information with you
- The damage is extensive
Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
Causation of Car Accidents in Corpus Christi
In the state of Texas, road work here is never truly done. The state frequently remodels and expands its highways to make room for new business and residents, sometimes creating more of a traffic bottleneck than a solution to the pre-existing congestion problem.
With so many vehicles on the road, accidents are bound to happen, common causes are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while impaired or under the influence
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Dangerous intersections
- Road construction
The unfortunate event of a car accident occurring is so common that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has begun working with city officials to prevent car accidents and fatalities. Learn more about their initiatives from their website.
Can At-Fault Drivers Still File a Personal Injury Claim?
Even if the collision was ultimately your fault, you may have suffered serious injuries. In this case, the payment will be handled by your insurance provider. A skilled Corpus Christi car accident lawyer may have the ability to negotiate a settlement on your behalf even if you were partially responsible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Legal Defenses for Car Accidents
It is equally important to be prepared for the opposing side’s legal defense, especially in preparing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. Here are some common defenses to a car accident injury claim:
- Statute of Limitations – There is a legal deadline for filing a personal injury claim in the state of Texas. Failing to comply with the statute of limitations disbars your legal claim and attempt at collecting compensation.
- Comparative Negligence – The insurance company may try to argue that you were entirely or partially at fault for the accident or that you acted irresponsibly leading up to the accident. This is why it is imperative to avoid posting details on social media or openly admitting fault to anyone.
Hire the Car Accident Attorney That Is Best for You
Do you know what to look for in a qualified car accident attorney? Contact Buzbee Law Firm to find out! Our Corpus Christi law office has a proven track record of winning cases just like yours. Each auto accident attorney on our legal team can handle:
- Collaborating with adjusters and medical professionals to examine the details of your case
- Assemble factual data to hold liable parties accountable
- Keep a record of your medical expenditures and track other accident-related costs
- Negotiate your settlement offer with the insurance company on your behalf
- Strategize for trial, depositions, and hearings
- Recover physical, emotional, and property damages to the highest degree
Talking to us is risk-free. Our firm doesn’t charge for the initial case evaluation and will hold off on charging you for legal services until after your settlement is won. Schedule a consultation today!