Friction burns are serious burns that affect your skin and sometimes can cause damage down to the bone. They occur from coming into contact with rough surfaces while moving at high speeds. Friction burns generally come from slips and falls, vehicle accidents, or other personal injuries.
If you have fallen victim to severe friction burns in Fort Worth, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the parties at fault. At the Buzbee Law Firm, we understand that you need the time to heal and get your life back on track, which is why we offer assistance.
When the time comes for you to file a claim against those who caused you distress and personal injury, we will also be there, ready to fight for you. For more information about burn injury cases in Fort Worth, keep reading.
The Most Common Types of Friction Burns
Friction burns can happen to anyone, at any time; however, there are common types and causes of friction burns that we will go over below. These include:
- Road rash from motorcycles: This is the most common type of friction burn that occurs mainly in motor vehicle operation. If you aren’t wearing the necessary protective gear, getting in an accident and skidding across the hot road will cause serious friction burns.
- Road rash from other causes: Road rash can also be caused by any rubbing of the skin on sidewalks, driveways, or roads. For example, a child that falls off their bike onto the cement can cause road rash, or skateboarders falling off their board onto the road will also cause friction burns.
- Sports friction burns: If you are playing sports inside or outside, you can easily get friction burns by sliding across the grass, turf, gym floors, or even sand.
- Carpet at home: Those with carpet on their home floors can also experience friction burns. Hands and knees are typically affected by friction burns from carpets at home.
- Gym equipment: A treadmill is a huge cause of friction burns for those that work out. If you increase the speed too quickly or even slow down without warning, you risk falling and causing serious friction burns to your skin.
For a free legal consultation with a friction burn injuries lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 844-349-9196
The Degrees of Friction Burns
When it comes to friction burns, there are four categories they can fall into. The first category is the most common, least serious, and it’s the first-degree burn. These burns cause minimal damage to the skin, only affecting the first layer and healing up quickly.
Second-degree burns are common as well, causing damage to the first two layers of skin. These types of burns can cause white discoloration to the skin and form blisters. However, if left untreated, these burns can cause a bit of scarring or leave marks on the skin.
Third-degree burns are more serious burns that can cause serious damage to the epidermis, dermis, and sometimes even the bones or muscles where the burn occurs. Additionally, third-degree burns can, in rare cases, cause nerve damage and lasting infections if not tended to correctly.
The least common but serious type of burn is fourth-degree burns. Serious pain and damage are caused by these burns and can even cause permanent, lasting damage.
Fort Worth Friction Burn Injuries Lawyer Near Me 844-349-9196
A Fort Worth Friction Burn Injury Attorney Can Greatly Assist Your Case
Friction burn injury cases are complex cases, so having the help and knowledge of a lawyer at our firm is recommended. At the Buzbee Law Firm, we have extensive experience with cases involving friction burns and know the exact course of action that should be taken.
First, we work hard to gather all necessary information about your injuries and your case. Depending on the details of your case, we will speak with witnesses, collect photos, and obtain all the specifics that have occurred. From there, we can pinpoint the fault and determine the liability of your injuries.
Determining negligence based on the duty of care will allow us to prove that the injuries you sustained are deserving of compensation. After establishing liability, we will push forward with your case and can then negotiate with the party at fault.
The majority of burn injury cases don’t go to court and will settle before then, and however, if your case does need to go to court, we can represent you. Every step of the way, we will support you.
What Types of Compensation Can We Claim for You?
Our experienced attorneys will ensure that you obtain the greatest compensation for your injuries. With our skills and case data, we can recover these three types of damages:
- Economic losses: These types of losses include anything that has a monetary value. For example, economic losses can be medical bills, lost wages, or future expenses that will occur.
- Non-economic losses: Opposite to economic losses, non-economic losses are anything that monetary values cant be assigned to. These losses include pain and suffering, emotional distress, or loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages: In rare cases, punitive damages can be given out to be paid by the liable party. These damages are typically large sums of money that will eliminate the at-fault party from breaching their duty of care in the future. This will ensure that the injuries you sustained due to negligence won’t happen to others.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Forth Worth Friction Burn Injury Attorneys Take Your Case!
Our lawyers at the Buzbee Law Firm have the experience and the knowledge to take your case and help you to receive the best possible outcome. We work hard on every case we receive to ensure that any long-term needs are met and obtain compensation for your present needs.
If you have been affected by friction burns, we want to fight for you. When you are ready to get started on your case, contact us as soon as possible. We will not back down until you receive the peace of mind and justice you desire.