Maritime injury and death--Offshore
The Buzbee Law Firm has handled multiple cases involving maritime injury and wrongful death against Falcon Drilling, Diamond Offshore, H&P, Global Santa Fe, Transocean, Rowan Drilling, and all the major pipe laying companies. If you need someone who knows what they are doing, and knows how to win, The Buzbee Law Firm is the only option.
Maritime law is ancient--going back before the creation of the United States--and complicated. With its headquarters in Houston and Galveston, Texas and with the experience of representing hundred of Jones Act seaman and other maritime workers, the Buzbee Law Firm knows maritime law. Indeed, Buzbee is recognized as one of the very best in the business, in the entire Gulf Coast. When you have a serious offshore case, there is only one answer: The Buzbee Law Firm.
If you believe you have a claim covered under maritime law, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office toll-free at 1-800-992-5393.
Seminars & Recent Developments
The firm has handled hundreds of maritime/offshore injury and death claims. A few selected case examples:
- Represented 19 survivors of the BP/Transocean Deepwater Horizon explosion. All claims resolved on extremely favorable terms.
- Derrickman hit by drilling pipe
- Mud hand killed by exploding pipe
- Wire line operator fell off walkway
- Roustabout hit with crane load
- Toolpusher hit with debris
- Lead attorney for workers injured offshore during a rig collapse.
- Handled hundreds of offshore injury cases for men (and a few women) injured due to negligence occurring on offshore drilling rigs and production platforms.
- Handled hundreds of cases for workers injured while employed on vessels over water--recognized as an industry leader in this field.
- The firm represented the Basque Government of Spain against a classification society relating to the sinking of the oil tanker PRESTIGE off the coast of Spain.
- The firm has represented numerous longshoreman on third party claims.
- The firm represented the Port of Galveston in a breach of contract and fraud case pertaining to the construction of an offshore vessel facility that was to be built in Galveston, Texas. The firm represented a company in a breach of contract case related to that same facility. Case settled for $9 million.
Gross Settlement Type of Case Occupation
$4,800,000 Offshore Accident Compl Spec
$4,800,000 Offshore Accident Drilling Fluid Specialist
$4,230,634 Offshore Accident Rig System Specialist
$4,211,703 Offshore Accident Crane Operator
$4,085,073 Offshore Accident Welder
$4,067,782 Offshore Accident Driller
$4,002,950 Offshore Accident Crane Operator
$3,989,856 Offshore Accident Crane Operator
$3,691,519 Offshore Accident Service Supervisor
$3,418,636 Offshore Accident Crane Operator
$3,406,978 Offshore Accident Steward
$2,921,189 Offshore Accident Steward
$2,773,211 Offshore Accident Seaman
$2,653,524 Offshore Accident Cook
$2,613,121 Offshore Accident Tech
$2,536,821 Offshore Accident Cook
$2,491,111 Offshore Accident Steward