Peter Taaffe handles all aspects of civil litigation, including Jones Act, maritime, negligence, real estate, technology, and commercial claims. Peter has extensive experience representing clients– ranging from individuals to Fortune 100 companies–in federal and state trial courts, appellate courts, and in arbitration. He has extensive experience handling mass tort actions. He has been repeatedly honored for his pro bono work for indigent clients. Peter also assists with operations and management of the firm.
In 2013, Governor Perry appointed Peter to the nine member Board of Regents for the University of Houston System.
Peter received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas in 1993 and graduated with honors from the University of Houston Law Center in 1997. After graduating from law school, Peter served as senior briefing attorney to U.S. District Court Judge Joe J. Fisher.
Peter is licensed in Texas and admitted to practice in the Fifth Circuit and the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
Peter has assisted in debate preparation for Presidential and U.S. Senate candidates. He has served as campaign treasurer for candidates in both major parties.Peter and his wife Diane reside in Austin and have four children who attend Eanes ISD schools.
Peter has assisted in debate preparation for Presidential and U.S. Senate candidates. He has served as campaign treasurer for candidates in both major parties.
Peter and his wife Diane reside in Austin and have four children who attend Eanes ISD schools.
- Handled more than seventy-five cases for Jones Act seamen or other maritime workers, in cases involving blue water seaman, dredge workers and offshore drilling workers.
- Trial team for numerous significant verdicts and settlements at trial.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in numerous class action matters and mass toxic-tort actions.
- Represented Fortune 500 and small businesses in technology and commercial disputes.
- Member, University of Houston System Board of Regents, Term to Expire in 2019.
- University of Houston Law Alumni Association, Former Director
- Texas Pro Bono College, 2000 – Present
- Recognized by Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program and Travis County Volunteer Legal Services for Pro Bono Work
- Advisory Board, Center for U.S. and Mexican Law, University of Houston Law Center
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law School, “Litigating Contract Disputes”, Spring 2012
- 40 Hour Mediation Training, University of Houston, January 2013
- DuBois, Bryant, Campbell & Schwartz, LLP
- Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, L.L.P
- Gardere, Wynne, Sewell & Riggs, LLP
- Senior Judge Joe J. Fisher, Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division, Senior Briefing Attorney