FULL TEXT OF REPORT:
Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the Zarsky family, said both parents are at their side around the clock at Shriner's Hospital in Galveston.
"The injuries (are) catastrophic, they really are," said attorney Tony Buzbee.
It happened in their own backyard on February 17th. The kids were on the play set when they came in contact with a loose live wire.
The children were knocked unconscious by the electric blast. The lawsuit claims the father witnessed his daughter on fire and watched as it spread to her head. He was able to put out the fire, start CPR and revive her.
"These children have a long long road ahead of them," said Buzbee. "There is no doubt CenterPoint is to blame for this."
Buzbee said the family reported the problem to CenterPoint two weeks prior to the kids getting electrocuted.
"He was asked, 'Is this an emergency?' He said, 'I don't know if this is an emergency.' I'm telling you, the wire broke free and CenterPoint never did anything," said Buzbee.
The family is concerned more families could be at risk, said Buzbee.
"Who knows how many backyards across (the) Houston area to have guy wires connected above live electricity," said Buzbee.
Local 2 contacted CenterPoint. A spokesperson said they have no comment because of pending litigation.
NBC: Channel 2 Houston
February 26, 2013